The mission of FUND Community Institute (FUND CI) is to build thriving communities through research, training, and facilitation of opportunities for knowledge sharing. FUND CI is a nonprofit think tank conducting independent studies, partner projects and commissioned research.
FUND Community institute was founded in 2017 by Ruth Barber, based on the values of social justice, and the belief that all people should be given the opportunity to prosper.
RESEARCH AND PROJECTS
On the heels of a noteworthy study on CDFI governing boards, FUND Community Institute conducted its first formal research project in 2017 on the role of Advisory Boards at CDFI organizations, the findings from which are available on the FUND Consulting blog. In 2018, the FUND CI team completed a landmark study on the role of women in the CDFI Industry titled “Perception vs. Reality: Women and Change in the CDFI Industry.”
- Perception vs. Reality: Women and Change in the CDFI Industry
- Credit Access for Women Owned Small Businesses Research Brief
Women in CDFIs
- Women Identify Gender Issues in the CDFI Industry
- Advantages to being a woman in the CDFI industry
- How are women represented on your CDFI board?
- Women as Leaders at CDFIs
- Investing in the Future of Women
- CDFI Industry Resources for Women
- What do Men in the CDFI Industry Think?
CDFI Boards and Fundraising
- An Introduction
- What do CDFI Boards Look Like?
- What Skills are Sought After on CDFI Boards?
- Board Committees
- Barriers to Fundraising
- Strategies for Board Engagement in Fundraising
- How Much Money do CDFI Boards Raise?
- Considerations for Increasing Board Member Fundraising
The Role of Advisory Boards at CDFI Organizations
- CDFI Advisory Boards: Going Beyond Accountability
- What do CDFI Advisory Boards do?
- Why do CDFIs establish Advisory Boards?
Have ideas for a research project? Email us at email@example.com.