FUND Consulting is currently hiring for the Data Analyst position:
FUND Consulting is a women-owned firm located in the City of Chicago that provides quality service to mission driven organizations nationwide. Our team of ten provides both strategic and operational services to community development financial institution (CDFI), nonprofit, and government clients nationwide.
Founded in October of 2000, FUND Consulting was a pioneer in designing and delivering supportive services for CDFIs seeking assistance in navigating CDFI funding applications and analyzing market need and demand. Over the years, FUND Consulting has grown to become the leading firm in the CDFI industry, providing strategic and operational support on fundraising and capitalization, strategic planning, needs assessments and market analyses, and impact evaluation. Becoming known for its superior customer service and results-oriented products, FUND Consulting skyrocketed in growth achieving close to a 33% market share in the CDFI industry. Over the past twenty years, FUND has successfully helped our clients obtain over $543 million in grants and investments. In addition, FUND has completed over 400 market analyses, fundraising plans, strategic plans and impact management solutions.
FUND’s successes are rooted in our commitment to providing high quality services that support organizations and practitioners fostering positive outcomes in communities nationwide while adhering to our corporate values:
- We do right by our clients and each other, never compromising on quality or integrity.
- We innovate through research, anticipation of client needs, and facilitation of positive outcomes.
- We are committed to equity and our belief that diversity and inclusion make us stronger.
- We are sustainable by promoting profit, supporting our people, and working to minimize environmental impact.
FUND Consulting is looking for a Data Analyst to join our team in Chicago. Responsibilities include conducting and managing full lifecycle of analyses including data collection and interpretation, analysis, and reporting. The Data Analyst will be responsible for transforming data into readable, goal-driven reports for FUND Consulting and its clients as well as support data needs of other team members. The Data Analyst will work with team members to identify efficiencies in data collection and analysis.
The Data Analyst will work directly with a Managing Consultant to support our team of seven Consultants (including Senior Consultants and Managing Consultants). The supervising Managing Consultant will coordinate training, guidance, and quality control.
The Skill Set
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in conducting data and managing the lifecycle of the analysis, or significant related coursework
- Preference given to candidate with experience using GIS software
- Preference give to candidate with experience in database creation and management
- Experience in data collection, analysis, and modeling
- Ability to analyze large datasets
- Ability to write comprehensive reports combining qualitative and quantitative data for internally and externally facing audiences
- Proven success working independently in support of multiple teams and managing multiple deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
Within 1 Month, You’ll:
- Complete orientation and onboarding designed to introduce you to FUND Consulting’s history, family of organizations, strategic plan and values, team, and products and services.
- Get to know the processes, tools, and systems our team uses to manage clients and projects.
- Have one-on-ones with two to three team members to learn more about their work at FUND, previous experience, and areas of expertise.
- Be introduced to the CDFI industry and receive training on CDFI Certification and Compliance.
Within 3 Months, You’ll:
- Collect, clean and standardize, interpret, and analyze FUND client loan data to identify areas of process improvements as it pertains to Certification and Compliance.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources, preparing reports that effectively communicate findings and trends in support of Consultant projects.
- Have additional one-on-ones with team members to learn more about their work at FUND, previous experience, and areas of expertise.
- Be introduced to and receive training on FUND’s existing databases, systems, and projects.
Within 6 Months, You’ll:
- Collaborate with team to identify, develop, and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize efficiency and quality.
- Create and Implement database/data systems.
- Assist with the development of internal and external reports to support FUND and client projects.
- Participate in the development of FUND Consulting’s strategic and sales plan for the upcoming year.
Within 12 Months, You’ll:
- Have built advanced knowledge of FUND’s products and services to share insights on data collection and processing improvements.
- Maintain FUND’s databases/data systems.
- Continue to collect and analyze data and create reports that effectively communicate findings and trends in support of FUND and client projects.
This job operates in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and printers. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods. The position requires regular communication, verbal and written, internally and externally. The job-related responsibilities and skills included in this job description are not all-inclusive. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position (such as modified equipment, modified work schedule, work from home flexibility, etc.).
This is a full-time position with benefits (including medical, dental, 401k with employer match). The salary range is $50,000 – $70,000; commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter, resume, and data analytic report sample to Emily Sipfle at email@example.com.
FUND Consulting is an equal opportunity employer