FUND Consulting is a women-owned firm located in the City of Chicago that provides quality service to mission driven organizations nationwide. Our team of ten provides both strategic and operational services to community development financial institution (CDFI), nonprofit, and government clients nationwide.
Founded in October of 2000, FUND Consulting was a pioneer in designing and delivering supportive services for CDFIs seeking assistance in navigating CDFI funding applications and analyzing market need and demand. Over the years, FUND Consulting has grown to become the leading firm in the CDFI industry, providing strategic and operational support on fundraising and capitalization, strategic planning, needs assessments and market analyses, and impact evaluation. Becoming known for its superior customer service and results-oriented products, FUND Consulting skyrocketed in growth achieving close to a 33% market share in the CDFI industry. Over the past twenty years, FUND has successfully helped our clients obtain over $543 million in grants and investments. In addition, FUND has completed over 400 market analyses, fundraising plans, strategic plans and impact management solutions.
FUND’s successes are rooted in our commitment to providing high quality services that support organizations and practitioners fostering positive outcomes in communities nationwide while adhering to our corporate values:
- We do right by our clients and each other, never compromising on quality or integrity.
- We innovate through research, anticipation of client needs, and facilitation of positive outcomes.
- We are committed to equity and our belief that diversity and inclusion make us stronger.
- We are sustainable by promoting profit, supporting our people, and working to minimize environmental impact.
FUND Consulting is looking for a Consultant to join our team in Chicago. The Consultant will serve as a Project Manager, managing a portfolio of clients and delivering a full range of products and services under the guidance of a supervisor. Projects include but are not limited to CDFI funding applications, CDFI certification applications, CDFI compliance reports, market studies, strategic planning, customer surveys, and impact analyses. The position is approximately 60% grant applications and management (mostly government grants and compliance) and 40% research (data collection and analysis) and strategic projects (market studies, strategic plans, etc.).
The Consultant will join our team of seven Consultants (including Senior Consultants and Managing Consultants). While the Consultant will be responsible for managing a specific portfolio of clients and projects, the Consultant will work directly with a Partner or Managing Consultant who will coordinate training, guidance, and quality control. Behind the scenes, the larger consulting team works collaboratively to share best practices and expertise.
The Skill Set
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience or significant coursework in grant writing, research and analysis, and/or community or economic development
- CDFI and CRA experience a plus
- Excellent writing skills; ability to write grants and/or comprehensive reports combining qualitative and quantitative data for internally and externally facing audiences
- Experience in project management; proven success managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Basic familiarity with Excel
Within 1 month, You’ll:
- Complete orientation and onboarding designed to introduce you to FUND Consulting’s history, family of organizations, strategic plan and values, team, and products and services. You’ll also learn about your portfolio of clients, including the history of our partnership with your portfolio clients as well as past and upcoming projects.
- Get to know the processes, tools, and systems our team uses to manage clients and projects.
- Have one-on-ones with two to three team members to learn more about their work at FUND, previous experience, and areas of expertise.
- Be introduced to the CDFI industry and receive training on CDFI Certification and Compliance.
Within 3 months, You’ll:
- Conduct CDFI recertification analyses and complete applications for two to three CDFI clients.
- Complete CDFI compliance reporting for two to three CDFI clients.
- Conduct lending and impact analyses for three to five annual service clients.
- Establish a work plan and priorities in coordination with supervisor.
- Have additional one-on-ones with team members to learn more about their work at FUND, previous experience, and areas of expertise.
- Be introduced to and receive training on FUND Consulting’s strategic projects and CDFI Financial Assistance Technical Assistance (FATA) funding applications.
- Begin work on two to three client strategic projects.
Within 6 months, You’ll:
- Manage the funding application cycle for up to six FATA clients.
- Continue to gain experience in CDFI recertification and compliance reporting.
- Finish work on client strategic projects.
- Maintain a work plan meeting stated and internal deadlines.
- Receive training on the CDFI Fund’s Bank Enterprise Award (BEA) grant program.
- Continue training on FUND Consulting’s strategic projects.
- Participate in the development of FUND Consulting’s strategic and sales plan for the upcoming year.
Within 12 months, You’ll:
- Receive training on the CDFI Fund’s Capital Magnet Fund (CMF) grant program.
- Have managed the application cycle for the CDFI Fund’s FATA, BEA, and Capital Magnet Fund programs.
- Have gained experience in multiple strategic projects.
- Participated in internal and external industry and/or training opportunities.
- Build advanced knowledge of FUND’s products and services to share insights on strategy and process.
- Be poised to more independently manage your portfolio of clients in the coming year.
This is a full-time position with benefits (including medical, dental, 401k with employer match). The salary range is $50,000 – $70,000; commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Manjima Bose at firstname.lastname@example.org.