FUND Consulting is a women-owned firm that provides quality service to mission driven organizations nationwide. Our team of ten provides both strategic and operational services to community development financial institution (CDFI), nonprofit, and government clients nationwide.
Founded in October of 2000, FUND Consulting was a pioneer in designing and delivering supportive services for CDFIs seeking assistance in navigating CDFI funding applications and analyzing market need and demand. Over the years, FUND Consulting has grown to become the leading firm in the CDFI industry, providing strategic and operational support on fundraising and capitalization, strategic planning, needs assessments and market analyses, and impact evaluation. Becoming known for its superior customer service and results-oriented products, FUND Consulting skyrocketed in growth achieving close to a 33% market share in the CDFI industry. Over the past twenty years, FUND has successfully helped our clients obtain over $693 million in grants and investments. In addition, FUND has completed over 400 market analyses, fundraising plans, strategic plans and impact management solutions.
FUND’s successes are rooted in our commitment to providing high quality services that support organizations and practitioners fostering positive outcomes in communities nationwide while adhering to our corporate values:
- We do right by our clients and each other, never compromising on quality or integrity.
- We innovate through research, anticipation of client needs, and facilitation of positive outcomes.
- We are committed to equity and our belief that diversity and inclusion make us stronger.
- We are sustainable by promoting profit, supporting our people, and working to minimize environmental impact.
FUND Consulting is looking for an Associate Data Analyst to join our team. This will be a remote position.
The Associate Data Analyst will collaborate with FUND team members in project delivery through data collection, cleaning, and analysis. The Associate Data Analyst will utilize external data sources, such as data from the Census Bureau, as well as data collected from FUND’s clients, using Excel as a primary analysis tool. The Associate Data Analyst will work with a supervisor to identify and prioritize projects and timelines.
Responsibilities include data collection and interpretation, analysis, and reporting. The Associate Data Analyst will be responsible for transforming data into readable, goal-driven formats to support FUND’s consulting team, supporting a range of data needs. Work completed contributes to client successes within the CDFI industry and related federal program.
The Associate Data Analyst will be a part of the data team, which works directly with a Managing Consultant and collaborates with FUND’s consulting team. The supervising Managing Consultant will coordinate training, guidance, and quality control.
The Skill Set
- 1-3 years of experience in the data analysis lifecycle, including data collection, cleaning, transforming and analysis.
- Experience in data collection, analysis, and modeling.
- Ability to analyze large datasets. FUND utilizes proprietary methodologies, which will be taught to the Associate Data Analyst hire.
- Ability to clearly document findings and trends from a range of data sources to effectively communicate with internal audiences.
- Proven success working independently in support of multiple teams and managing multiple deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn new data tools through on the job training and coursework.
Within 1 Month, You’ll:
- Complete orientation and onboarding designed to introduce you to FUND Consulting’s history, family of organizations, strategic plan and values, team, and products and services.
- Get to know the processes, tools, and systems our team uses to manage clients and projects.
- Have one-on-ones with two to three team members to learn more about their work at FUND, previous experience, and areas of expertise.
- Be introduced to the CDFI industry and receive training on data needs relative to FUND’s projects supporting clients.
Within 3 Months, You’ll:
- Collect, clean, and standardize, interpret, and analyze FUND client loan data to support team needs under the guidance of the Managing Consultant.
- Collect, clean, and interpret data from primary and secondary data sources.
- Document findings and trends to communicate to internal audiences.
- Have additional one-on-ones with team members to learn more about their work at FUND, previous experience, and areas of expertise.
- Be introduced to and receive training on FUND’s existing databases, systems, and projects.
Within 6 Months, You’ll:
- Continue to collect clean and standardize, interpret, and analyze FUND client loan data to support a broader range of FUND projects under the guidance of the Managing Consultant.
- Assist with the development of internal and external reports to support FUND and client projects.
- Complete a mid-year check-in with Team Lead and receive guidance on professional development opportunities.
- Participate in the development of FUND Consulting’s strategic and sales plan for the upcoming year.
Within 12 Months, You’ll:
- Have built advanced knowledge of FUND’s products and services to share insights on data collection and processing improvements.
- Continue to collect and analyze data and create reports that effectively communicate findings and trends in support of FUND and client projects.
This is a remote position and internet is needed. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods. The position requires regular communication, verbal and written, internally and externally. The job-related responsibilities and skills included in this job description are not all-inclusive. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position (such as modified equipment, modified work schedule, etc.).
This is a full-time remote position with benefits (including medical, dental, vacation days, paid holidays and sick days; 401k with employer match up to 5% after 1 year of employment). The salary range is $40,000-$60,000; commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to Emily Sipfle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FUND Consulting is an equal opportunity employer