FUND Consulting is a women-owned firm that provides quality service to mission driven organizations nationwide. Our team provides both strategic and operational services to community development financial institution (CDFI), nonprofit, and government clients nationwide.
Founded in October of 2000, FUND Consulting was a pioneer in designing and delivering supportive services for CDFIs seeking assistance in navigating CDFI funding applications and analyzing market need and demand. Over the years, FUND Consulting has grown to become the leading firm in the CDFI industry, providing strategic and operational support on fundraising and capitalization, strategic planning, needs assessments and market analyses, and impact evaluation. Becoming known for its superior customer service and results-oriented products, FUND Consulting skyrocketed in growth achieving close to a 33% market share in the CDFI industry. Over the past twenty years, FUND has successfully helped our clients obtain over $693 million in grants and investments. In addition, FUND has completed over 400 market analyses, fundraising plans, strategic plans and impact management solutions.
FUND’s successes are rooted in our commitment to providing high quality services that support organizations and practitioners fostering positive outcomes in communities nationwide while adhering to our corporate values:
- We do right by our clients and each other, never compromising on quality or integrity.
- We innovate through research, anticipation of client needs, and facilitation of positive outcomes.
- We are committed to equity and our belief that diversity and inclusion make us stronger.
- We are sustainable by promoting profit, supporting our people, and working to minimize environmental impact.
The Associate Consultant will provide support to FUND team members in project delivery through assistance with data preparation, research, writing and editing materials, and administrative support. The Associate Consultant will work with a Team Lead to identify and prioritize projects and timelines and will gain exposure to full range of products and services. Projects supported will include but are not limited to CDFI funding applications, CDFI certification applications, CDFI compliance reports, and strategic projects (market studies, strategic plans, customer surveys, etc.). Specific responsibilities include:
- Administrative support of client portfolio including management of online accounts, file maintenance, completion of application tables and attachments, writing components of applications and projects, and online data entry
- Office administrative duties such as answering telephones; and typing, editing, formatting, and reviewing documents
- Qualitative data preparation in support of client and internal projects, such as collection of interview responses
- Assistance with annual CDFI certification and award reporting requirements
- Additional duties as needed
FUND Consulting currently has a team of 15 individuals, comprised of 3 Partners, 4 Managing Consultants, 2 Senior Consultants, 3 Consultants, 1 Senior Data Analyst, and 2 Associate Data Analysts. The Associate Consultant will be imbedded into a Consultant team comprised of a Team Lead, Senior Consultant(s), Consultant(s), and additional Associate Consultant(s) to support a specific client portfolio, coordinating with the Data Team. While the Associate Consultant will be responsible for lending support to internal and client projects and administrative tasks, the Associate Consultant will work directly with a Team Lead who will coordinate project assignments, training, guidance, and quality control. Behind the scenes, the larger FUND Consulting team works collaboratively to share best practices and expertise.
The Skill Set
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience or coursework in grant writing, research and analysis, and/or community or economic development.
- Ability to work independently in support of multiple projects and managing multiple deadlines
- Strong verbal and excellent written communication skills
- Basic familiarity with Excel
Within 1 Month, You’ll:
- Complete orientation and onboarding designed to introduce you to FUND Consulting’s history, family of organizations, strategic plan and values, team, and products and services.
- Get to know the processes, tools, and systems our team uses to manage clients and projects.
- Have one-on-ones with two to three team members to learn more about their work at FUND, previous experience, and areas of expertise.
- Receive training on phone system and conducting client account updates.
- Be introduced to the CDFI industry and receive an overview of CDFI Fund programs.
Within 3 Months, You’ll:
- Continue overview of CDFI Fund programs and be introduced to FUND Consulting’s strategic projects.
- Receive training on and assist with following items:
- Completing tasks related to CDFI Certification and award compliance.
- Conducting interviews.
- Writing components of narrative and completing tables and administrative tasks related to funding applications.
- Establish a work plan and priorities in coordination with Team Lead.
- Have additional one-on-ones with team members to learn more about their work at FUND, previous experience, and areas of expertise.
Within 6 Months, You’ll:
- Continue to receive training and assist with tasks related to:
- CDFI Certification and award compliance
- CDFI Fund applications, providing support for at least six FATA funding applications
- Strategic projects, assisting with development and delivery of at least three client projects
- Maintain a work plan meeting stated and internal deadlines.
- Complete a mid-year check-in with Team Lead and receive guidance on professional development opportunities.
Conduct key informant interviews for at least two strategic projects.
Participate in the development of FUND Consulting’s strategic and sales plan for the upcoming year.
Within 12 Months, You’ll:
- Assisted with administrative tasks for the CDFI Fund’s routine programs.
- Executed tasks related to client accounts and internal administrative responsibilities (phones, writing/editing support, etc.).
- Aided in the completion of a range of strategic projects and funding applications within team portfolio.
- Completed an annual review with Team Lead and received guidance on continued professional development and goals for upcoming year.
- Built knowledge of CDFI Certification and award compliance reporting.
- Continue to collect and analyze data and create reports that effectively communicate findings and trends in support of FUND and client projects.
This is a remote position and internet is needed. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods. The position requires regular communication, verbal and written, internally and externally. The job-related responsibilities and skills included in this job description are not all-inclusive. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position (such as modified equipment, modified work schedule, etc.).
This is a full-time, remote position with benefits (including medical, dental, 10 paid vacation days, 10 paid holidays, and 7 sick days; 401k with employer match up to 5% after 1 year of employment,). The salary range is $40,000 – $60,000; commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to Caitlin Solander at email@example.com.
FUND Consulting is an equal opportunity employer